PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Screeners Order Mom to Drink Breast Milk
Old 9th Aug 2002, 02:46
RRAAMJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Yes, sympathy to the mother involved - what a disgrace.

Some points to ponder:

A large number of the screeners were kept on from Argen"dull" or whoever the previous shambles was before becoming Gov. employees. Many, many of them are immigrants - many from Africa - and a great deal of them show very limited command of English. This lets down the good job done by others. I suspect some of them have never seen expressed milk in bottles. Some of them clearly don't like women - just ask the FA's.

I had to sit an English test for my Green Card, way back when, so I give the screeners one when I suspect they're struggling. I carry a chart clip - shows up interesting on an x-ray - I claim it's part of my flight equipment. Bingo....immediate English language problems....call for Supervisor....report to Chief pilot that yet another screener can't cope with basic English....

We have the ludicrous situation right now that I can't go for recurrent training without 30-day DOJ approval, but in the meantime I'm ok to continue flying the real thing....duhhh.

I suspect this is why the previous TSA chief was asked to leave...the ATA had had enough, and started some very powerful lobbying. Maybe the Admiral will bring back some sense....