PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airport Security A Laughing Stock!
Old 9th Aug 2002, 01:27
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a laugh stock for sure

I agree that US airport security is a joke....for years the yanks never thought that a threat would come from within the domestic US and then came Tim McVeigh......
Now they have gone totally overboard and over reacting at the small things.......they can't seem to see the woods from the trees.
Yes is it still worring that items are getting through the screening but i still insist that you have to go back to the people who are screening...in KATL it is generally people who are not the best at communicating...hence if you query something you are immediately thought to be a terrorist (being foreign) and have a nice chat with a LEO or an armed guard with no brain who shouts "keeping moving mister" at you.
Now if they US DOT invested some money in finding genuine nice people who take their jobs seriously but can still be humane then i think that passing through the security systems would be alot easier and pleasant....
YES i agree that it is every passanger's responsibiity to get to the airport on time and to have all the necessary barred items placed in the check luggage.....

But i am finding more and more that this country is not now the land of the free....and nowyou are guilty till proven innoccent in a court of law.....

Soon it will be the animals running the farm.....4 legs good 2 legs bad......oooooh sorry some of them already ARE!!!!!!!