PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone know actual Student numbers? Limit the CPL
Old 1st Sep 2010, 22:31
bushhopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know actual Student numbers? Limit the CPL

Hey,

I been hearing more and more, we should limit the amount of pilots being trained CPL.

I was against the idea initially, but after some consideration, I must agree.

I personally have beef with private flying schools. Specially the ones who offer CPL license. Most private CPL students finish the license at half the experience or knowledge of a university or college student.

In our own benefit, I think we need control the number of students training for CPL,

Does anyone have any idea how many CPL are issued every year in Canada, USA, Europe, and world wide?

I also have beef with Asian airlines handing out Hong Kong Crap, 200 hour ATPL's. How stupid is that? Any self respected pilot knows 200 hours means jack. Its a license to learn not fly an a320!

I propose a limit, cap on how many CPL's are issued. It would be beneficial to our pay, working conditions and work load. Why shell we allow unlimited amount of pilots to train for CPL when our industry is over saturated? Any respectful profession like a doctor, nurse, lawyer, and even bar owners carefully regulate the supply and demand. Free markets run wild. Just like the bankster who put us into this world wide recession.

Please share your thoughts on this subject. There are over 70,000 pilots who support limiting the training. I think it will go through sooner or later. College of Pilots. Just like medical professional.