PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking responsibility for the flying
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 20:16
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTE you are stepping out of checking someone and in some ways your even going past instructing them into an examining role.

I am not doudting you are capable of doing it.

A check ride is just that. You sit on your arse and say nothing unless your life is at risk. You brief them of this fact that your an uneducated pax and proberly won't be able to answer any questions. If at any point you want to stop the check please state clearly "you have control" at which point I will stop being uneducated and the check will be uncomplete. None locals get a bit of slack with local procedure but no slack in actaully operating the aircraft.

You then make your choice if you are going to let them fly or not. If it is no you say no and tell them the reasons why and if it's yes you tell them and debrief what you don't like. But remember that your presonal opinions on methods are just that. If the flight was safe zero debrief points.

If a none local asked me who to talk to next I would tell them. If it was a local I wouldn't. If it was a none local as we were approach Tain range I would give them a heads up and also explain the joy that it is to deal with them (good bunch of lads BTW).

Your list of things for a check out is extreme and I would say on the sticky side of instructing without a rating. Time to get a CRI rating I think.

BTW the turning up of students with there head up their backsides is just something you have to get used to.