PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 19:56
shithappens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is correct Hollingworth, (I hope that answers your question Mike).

I am not part of the SEA Executive so I do not know the inside details, however I have followed the general discussion. The United States NetJets Union has also been involved in giving us their feedback of over 20 years experience in dealing with NetJets and they were adamant about NOT getting involved in a Union busting exercise: their reasons were clear, -the "outreach" is NOT designed for any other purpose than destroying Skyshare and "outreach" will WITHER AWAY as soon as Skyshare disappears. The statement that "outreach" was created for all NetJets employees and not to destroy Skyshare is untrue: - look at the timing! "Outreach" was part of the package brought in with the new managment: - they knew that their cutbacks would inevitably lead to a Union formation as a Union was already naissant when they arrived.

Incorrect statements made by a nominee tonight
I would like to counter some incorrect implications made by a nominee and sent to all NetJets Aircrew earlier this evening in the management "outreach" nominee blurb distributed by blackberry: it was stated that Skyshare has not made it's position clear with regard to jobshare. This is untrue, it is a misrepresentation of SEA made on a forum that reaches ALL Aircrew, (& unavailable to Skyshare). Skyshare have already a Job Sharer on their executive and have made it patently clear that they will act to have our contracts upheld, (including Job Sharers). Making an untrue statement just before the final day for an election is popular with unscrupulous polititions who know how to manipulate the media; - in this case it is patently unfair as there is no right to repond for Skyshare. I will remind readers that when Skyshare went to Lisbon to meet managment as an Association mandated by the majority of Aircrew their only request was FOR OUR CONTRACTS TO BE HONORED!

Further falacious implicationsare that Skyshare is for Senior Aircrew, (all 670 of us?). Skyshare is dependant on Unity and that means representing all of NetJets Aircrew including our newcomers. I will remind our Junior Colleagues that we have also been in their position and we have already seen paycuts worse than those subjected to the latest wave of newcomers, (example from 2002: - 35% decrease in salary in breach of contract, no jobshare year off and no ring-fencing), yes we did go through tough times too and WE REMEMBER THEM. Skyshare have the benifit of many Aircrew with past experience of NetJets management's consistant behaviour and we are going to need all the help that we can get to empower ourselves! Aircrew will get no real benifit from "outreach" (it will be a temporary paint job accompanied by plenty of propaganda). With a Union we will have to earn what we get but if we stick together we will obtain real and lasting contractually binding results FOR ALL OF US.

Finally: yes Skyshare is fragile and a handfull of people nominating themselves as "ambassadors" for "outreach" do tremendous damage. Nominees are management's catalyst for translating the tremendous financial might and counter insurgency anti-Union propaganda into the illusion of a friendly election of good boy consultation. Intruth aircrew "outreach ambassadors" are a castrated management run consultation illusion of no use to anyone but their management manipulators.

Last edited by shithappens; 2nd Sep 2010 at 07:19. Reason: spelling