PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 17:09
teleparty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Tirer that is certainly a spirited response. Don't get me wrong Bournemouth is lovely and often think about moving there but you have only proved my point. Bournemouth is a seaside town who's customer base is tourists. Again its seasonal traffic. No airline HAS or is going to put money into making a base at an airport that is dead half the year. Ryanair tried and proved my theory right. Before anyone posts the age old argument that the planes are to big and that most the planes originated from other bases, please realise thats the only way to make money at an airport like Bournemouth. No one is going to pay a decent fair to fly to Bournemouth in the uk or Europe as they can get the train or just fly to spain for the same money. End of story.

Shamrock7seal you are dissolutioned beyond believe, and its likely you only added that last bit to proke an argument. I will answer it simply by asking how many flights Bournemouth has today in comparison to Southampton? How many different destinations? How many based aircraft? I could go on but the fact is one of Europe's biggest regional airlines has its biggest base here and with the recent order Southampton could become a major European player if BAA invests when needed.