PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zaon XRX PCAS issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 17:08
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't care less if you're impressed, as it's really quite irrelevant as to whether the Xaon unit works or not.
This is really getting silly now. If you dont care whether I am impressed or not and its not relevant to the discussion (which I agree it is not) then stop keep trying to impress us with your small arms encounters etc and cloak and danger nonesense about what you can and cant say. Although it was amusing at first, honestly, we are not interested or impressed and it just makes you come across as a complete pr*T, which is a shame, because you just might know something about some of the subjects we discuss.

As to approved traffic systems as far as I am aware these are all distinguished from PCAS because they actively interogate other aircraft's transponders. Moreover, so far as I am aware, amoung the other requirments to be certified they have dual antennas to avoid some of the issues discussed on this thread. TAS does not however include the software to produce a resolution advisory. If you are interested in a more detailed understanding of these systems and how they work both Garmin and Avidyne employ the same hardware option on their G1000, Integra R9 and earlier Avidyne glass systems used by Diamond, Cirrus, Mooney and others.

As to PCAS, in Europe it is illegal to hard wire these systems into an aircraft because they are not certified for panel mount by the regulators. Many people do, but that is another matter. If the unit is plugged into an adapter socket then it is not hard wired. I doubt any regulatory authority would certify either of these untis to be hard wired into an aircraft but who knows what might or might not be allowed (particularly in a combat zone - sorry I just couldnt resist. but I am only joking).