PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zaon XRX PCAS issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 16:15
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me it stretches creditability that anyone would operate an aircraft in a combat zone testing equipment which was unapproved and, in the EU at any rate, illegally installed.
I operated the equipment, which was legally installed, because it was there to be used, operationally, on the job. Period. I didn't travel to those locations to see how that equipment worked, and I didn't install it.

The equipment was installed, with approvals, professionally, and was very legal. You should perhaps stick to the facts.

I don’t understand why you so regularly seek to impress us with your encounters with combat zones, small arms fire and the like. In my experience those involved in such arenas prefer to avoid talking about their experiences.
I couldn't care less if you're impressed, as it's really quite irrelevant as to whether the Xaon unit works or not. Nor is it relevant to my paycheck. At a time when I was furloughed and without work, I spent the year in a location that involved certain hazards, and whether you like it or not is really unimportant. I was my paycheck, and not yours. I won't discuss the work I did there, but I'm more than happy to discuss unrelated information, such as the Xaon PCAS. I'm not going to discuss mission equipment or my role in that location. There's nothing classified or secret about a minor piece of avionics equipment, however, that can be purchased from Sporty's Pilot Shop.

Have you found people who avoid talking about the Xaon PCAS, then?

Have you ever worked in such an environment yourself? Doubtful.

For those reasons I have one, and use it whenever I fly without TAS.
You use your PCAS whenever you don't have Tactical Archery Systems available to you? Whatever floats your boat.

Perhaps when you say TAS you mean some type of traffic alert system, such as TCAS. If that's the case, then PCAS is a traffic alert system, albeit not a very good one.