PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 14:43
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last First Officer is a case in point.
Forty two, and slips off into a snooze at a moments notice, during cruise.
He wasn't asleep. He just didn't want to talk to you. There is a big difference between being bored to sleep and feining sleep to avoid having to chat with someone that you find pompous, obnoxious and socially unacceptable....

It is the window stare. You let the old gummer drone on and on about something and look out the window. Let him spin himself up about his latest gripe and don't acknowledge that he has said a word. It truly is great fun. Unless it is necessitated by an SOP you will not get me to respond to anything you say. Saftey of flight, I'm all in, but ramblings of an old gomper don't draw enough water to need a nod. You antiques are like using a laser pointer to entertain a dog. Both of you trying to catch something you will never get. The dog= the light, you old coots= your youth

I highly suspect that is what occurred with you and your "crew". They just don't want to listen to you complain about your bunions, psoriasis or the inadequate quality of your last meal at the Waffle House.

Last edited by lambourne; 1st Sep 2010 at 17:16.