PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 14:30
No comment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole place is a joke whether on foot or in a vehicle.

I'm not convinced that this latest round of barrier installations is going to make the place any safer for pedestrians.

Even though its technically private roadway, they should really be marking the zebra crossings correctly too with full zigzags making them up to scratch with the law. How many drivers sail into the drop-off zone or short-term car park without noticing that pedestrians are happily crossing the road THINKING that they have right of way?

And who can expect any driver to approach the airport, even at the reduced 20mph speed limit and take note of every single sign on the old roundabout?

And what about the rush once you've put your pound in the pot to try and escape the massive fine/towtruck that is threatened if you take over 10 minutes in the drop off zone? People are walking all over the place where the barriers are and the temptation to put your foot down once the barrier is open is surely there.

Presumably the drop-off charge is funding the guy in the van with the camera on it?

Whilst it angers me that people dodder about on the roundabout, completely confused about whether to drive up to the terminal, take the priority parking route or go off the correct exit only to miss the entrance to the drop off, I can hardly blame them.

Further more, if the airport are going to make it hell for drivers, then they really need to sort out the public transport - all of which is currently susceptible to the same bottleneck under the bridge.

Rant over for now!!!