PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Sep 2010, 14:17
Shah100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colonel White

You can spin the recent crew ballot figures all you want, but only 10% of crew decided to accept BA's offer.
Before anyone sprouts, the offer was only for crew not in the union, this didn't stop some Bassa members leaving the union to accept the offer.
B.A also sent the offer directly to crew as well, I know as some of my friends received it in the post.
So they were targeting crew directly who were still in the union, like I said only 10% accepted.
If I was B.A management, I would be dissapointed with that figure.
After all there obvious confronting, union busting techniques (which you can find on youtube). This is the best they could do, 10%!

Again there is mention of a 100% schedule.
100% of what schedule?
Its obviously a revised schedule and that could be anything.
So I wouldn't put to much trust in Walsh's claims.

You mention a future Christmas strike will hurt the crews pockets.
I don't disagree with you, but a large % of crew have been out of pocket since the first round of strikes.
People who need there staff travel to get to work, yet they havn't signed up
to our wonderful leader's new offer.
How many crew communte or do not live in the vicinity of Heathrow?
I'm sure its way higher than the percentage of people, who accepted the offer.
Which means there are many crew, who need there staff travel, are holding firm.

Again yourself / Juan Tugoh mention future sackings of crew, if they participate in any future IA linked to any previous strikes.
Your wrong on this, all crew will still be protected, even if B.A some how link the I.A to previous ones.
The Union is the one who is liable, they will have to pay up.

Before anyone makes a point, no I am not crew. I work as ground staff.