PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying an Intriguing Passion!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 13:19
Homesick-Angel

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Post of the year!

Thanks for sharing your story..

Not bored for a minute, and its nice to hear a bit of home truth that's not so loaded with negativity that it makes you never want to log onto this site ever again.

As someone who got into the game late, and slogged it out(and continues to slog it out) I get rare moments of doubt at the career change, but then my girlfriend will point at a photo she took of me flying and comment on how relaxed and happy I look, and I cant help but agree.I am rarely happier than when Im immersed in aircraft . And that was why I got into it."that little prick on the shoulder" got me too, and he never shuts up."when are we flying next, when will the rain stop, when will you get that CIR so we dont have to wait for the rain to stop" he sais etc etc etc.
Earning heaps of money was never an issue (which is quite lucky so far).

I wouldn't swap it for anything.Whether it be sitting on the top side of an inversion layer, or nailing a cross wind landing, or flying over the city at night, its( so far ) delivered all I ever wanted from it.

p.s flying take..not to play devils advocate, but Its not too late.I mean what are you doing posting on a Professional pilots forum if you aint gonna be one!

Hop to it...

Last edited by Homesick-Angel; 1st Sep 2010 at 22:43.