PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 09:39
tallseabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to say, MOL does make it all sound very plausible but the bottom line is that the market needs to be fair for all operators, what is needed - and it has been said before - is a fair aviation policy for the whole of NI.

If you want to come to NI and operate a flight to LCY then is how you WILL do it, if you want to operate a flight to JFK then this is how you will do it and if you want to operate to PMI then this is how you will do it. That is not to say it has to be from one airport or that it has to be by one airline.

If it is left to the airports/airlines then it will not be in the interests of NI or the NI travelling public(inbound or outbound).

In my opinion, if Ryanair want to fly to Mediterannean destinations then there is a perfectly good airport available to operate from without any need to build any additional facilities. If NI was a large market and BFS (or BHD) was restricted in growth opportunities then yes by all means add additional facilites to allow for market expansion - but we are not a large market and in all likelyhood never will be.

Expansion needs to be managed by an entity with NI's interests at heart, MOL or any other single airline doesn't fit that bill!

I am a fan of BFS but will be happy for any managed growth in NI - I am using Ryanair for the first time soon - because it is cheaper and it suits me. I will be sorry to see them go as it will reduce competition on various routes and I will end up paying more to fly.