PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - worth getting instructor rating
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 05:41
Clintonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much for your responses guys. Totally agree with the instructing its a good way to get to know it inside and out being exposed to it everyday. the school i been looking at in florida the course they have includes both FAA and JAA instructors ratings.

i don't have a problem with getting work permits in different countries plus i speak 4 languages could say 5 but my french is a bit rusty don't get to practice it that much.

Thing is i wouldn't mind teaching, i love teaching people the things that i know and sharing my experiences its the best feeling when someone has a smile on their face and also experiences the excitement and joy of something that they came to learn. but as they say you're not guaranteed a job with a flight school when you finish the course and speaking to few other schools they kinda stick to their students which have done the instructors course with that particular school they went to. So just want to get an idea of other jobs so that i know what kind of back up I'm looking at.

but just out of interest what other jobs are there apart from banner flying, skydive jumps, crop dusting???
I've heard bushing flying is also another one but i would reckon you would need some skill and hours heard its pretty intense flying especially if its in serious terrain like up in alaska etc and you would have to take a course for that field. Is this true that you need experience? so anything else out there than the ones mentioned above???
also would you be able to get one of these jobs with 250hrs???

Thanks again for all your help and shedding some light to this topic.
safe flying