PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 23:57
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
But "F-4 v a Mig 19/21" is not really part of that context...... so please?
Forgive me for butting in again, you're in part quoting me but I wasn't the one that brought the F-4 into the debate in the first place. If the Concorde fanclub brings the F-4 vs MIG 19 into the debate and then glibly uses it as an example of the superiority of Western technology then I feel there's a right of reply from those of us who have actually flown the aircraft ( 1000 hours F-4 in my case) and used the technology, irrespective of wether or not it's a military or civil forum....or do you just want to argue in the abstract?

As a general point many in the West have almost always believed in the superiority of Western designers and engineers and whilst Concorde may be one shining example of what the West did right we should not forget that on the evidence of Sputnik, Vostok, Luna 9, Lunakhod and even the MIG21 Russian ( or German ) engineers can achieve worldbeating results with minimal resources.

But, to summarise, yes, it would seem the TU-144 was a dog , does that get us back on thread?

Last edited by wiggy; 1st Sep 2010 at 00:54.