PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence Review Result at End of October
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 20:34
Grimweasel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Imagine for a minute that we went the way of New Zealand -and we bin ALL of our fast jets! I mean, worked for them; lets just support the Army with 'Reaper' and A400M with some RW assets (Chinook). 'We' have 84 F15s sat at RAF Lakenheath courtesy of the USAFE - they'd act as air defence should we need it. Who needs fast air anyway when all we will be doing for the foreseeable future is peacekeeping ops with a big Euro Force?

Think the unthinkable!!

The country is broke- and you can expect rampant inflation and sovereign debt default within 36 months I think (as the MPC really wants inflation to inflate our way out of debt, despite what they release in their minutes - crying wolf!!) - why else would quite a few Goldman's bankers I know of be buying Physical gold - not ETFS or funds, but actual coins and bullion and storing it in the garden/home?? Who bails out the West's Governments when all the toxic crap they still hold, turns sour? God?

Some still fail to fully understand the true mire we are all in thanks to financial weapons of mass destruction peddled by unsuspecting banks in the last decade. Has China been planning all this over the past century or are they just as buggered as the West - the next decade could tell...