PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 20:12
shithappens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will remind all who are reading these posts that Skyshare, (which is a popularly supported Aircrew Association), has been created recently with the intention to carry out democratic elections of an Executive. As with all new creations this Association, (now projected Union), has to start with a group of dedicated people before elections can take place.

The deviousness behind the NetJets managment organised and funded so called "outreach" program is that

1) it has been created as part of a deliberate Union busting policy

2) repeated enterprise wide threats have been made at the most senior level stating that the creation of a Union would compromise the future plans for this company. This can been seen as an attempt to frighten Aircrew away from joining Skyshare. In this context these threats are possibly in breach of UK employement law

3) only 7 aircrew nominees have been presented for 6 places so the votes will be virtually meaningless due to lack of choice: -we are stuck with these non-elected people for 2 years

4) management, (who control all aspects of the nominee campaign and most aspects of the "election": - promotion, organisation and access to election result details), refuse to allow Aircrew to know how many people voted thus ensuring total opacity. The fact is if the truth were known then it would be clear that "outreach" nominees DO NOT HAVE A MANDATE.

NetJets Aircrew already know that we will end up with 6 out of the 7 who presented themselves: the "election", (although organised by a reputable UK organisation), has been manipulated into being a opaque non election of mainly management pilots who are sure NOT to defend Aircrew.

At Netjets thus we will find ourselves with the very last people Aircrew would ever want to see representing them being considered by management as "aircrew reps". As you can all clearly see this is a setup.

I call the nominees Mr. Smith in order to convey the profoundly negative role that they are playing in our lives without our permission or mandate. The term comes from Matix 1 and designates the computer generated plain clothed police clones responsible for maintaining the illusion: - this is precisely the role that I feel that these people are playing. It is not meant as a personal slight so much as a descriptive of the role that they are, (wittingly or unwittingly), taking on.

I ask all Aircrew who feel as I do not to share any concerns about our terms and conditions with these people when they become "outreach reps". We have an Association, soon a Union and they will organise truely democratic elections that will attract a great number of voters for candidates who have worked hard, produced results, showing courage and ability.