PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Robin Hood
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 19:55
monkeytennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobsworths

The security staff are just plain rude imo. Going to Palma the other week I was ordered to hand over my belt so some gorilla could swab it. No explanation was offered, no conversation or eye contact made. The only good thing was being amused at how excited the guy appeared to be about the swabbing (I bet it's the high point of his day lol).

The wife had to empty her handbag to satisfy a real dried up old witch of a woman who again made no eye contact or explanation for what she was doing.

You could tell that everyone travelling just felt like second class citizens, it was really very poor.

Arriving back, the customs officer shouted at the wife because she had switched her mobile on while waiting in the queue. Apparently it's a 'restricted area'. Quite what danger a mobile phone poses in the arrivals hall is quite beyond me and again it was not explained.

I'm a patient and tolerant man but I really felt like punching this guy's lights out. There's just no need to treat people like that.

The stinger is I live right next door to DSA so I always try to fly from there but this kind of experience is very off-putting.