PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 19:41
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know Ryanair said they would pull out of SNN but why did they announced today that they would resume flights from SNN - LPA from October 31.
the longer the sector the fewer the flights, ie 2 UK return trips could be done in the time 1 LPA flight is completed, net result is that Ryanair will be delivering less passengers and less revenue to the airport?

Also pointed out that 7% of passengers through DUB are NI going/to from NI.
The Irish department of tourism say that 2/3 (two thirds) of all visitors from overseas coming to NI do so via ROI, ie mainly Dublin. That says that there are opportunities.

However, I do feel that at this time Ryanair would go head to head on existing markets, ie Alicante, Paris, Malaga, Faro, Barcelona, Canaries, so in the longer run it would be a transfer from BFS for many pax rather than new business. Of course I think that there are opportunities to deliver on new visitors from abroad but these would in my view mainly come from new markets, eg Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan etc. However, given BHDs desire not only to get into European flights they also have an ambition to dent BFS share?