PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 16:32
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If sufficient demand exists to Madrid, Milan etc, and Ryanair feel that money could be made, then negoiations should take place between BFS and FR. No curfew, long enough runway, and not in the middle of suburbia.

An agreement that offers FR realistic sustainable prices, and that can be profit generating for both BFS and FR. However I believe that many FR regional routes operate on such thin margins that they are only profitable while in the start up price incentive period from the airport. SNN prime example.

Although we live in a free market economy I see no point in competition on thin European routes like Paris. EI tried to complete with EZY on many of the routes and realised the traffic just wasn't there. What would happen after the initial price war, that some ignorant travellers would think are the long term sustainable prices and sing praises for FR, would be that one or other would pull the flight and back to square one, though instead of CDG, we'd be stuck with Beauvais!!! Why would NI want that??? If they could sustain, on a long term basis flights to Madrid, Milan etc, then credit where its due, but I have my doubts from NI.