PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious Gulfstream incident in Kerry Ireland.
Old 31st Aug 2010, 16:01
hawker750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NuName
So you think If I set up business with a G reg aircraft in Teterborough USA the FAA are going to be happy about it?
Too many owners/operators use flags of convenience because it is the easier option, and the main reason for "easier" is that the country that keeps an eye on them is a long way away.
How many professionals here really believe that the scenario in Kerry would have happened to a UK AOC company? Why one rule for the privates and another for the commercials? Would you like your family to go on holiday with an operation and crew like that. No! That is why the commercial world has compulsory standards and the private world does not. Do not get me wrong, I am sure there are loads of very professional private operations about that stick to FTL's and crew training and have inhouse CRM training. But there are many who have no FTL schemes, hire (and do not pay if this forum is to be believed) contract pilots from where ever they can get them. I would bet that this crew never had a CRM session together. If they did they must have been asleap during it.
I believe EASA is proposing a licencing system for private operations. Are you private operators afraid of this?