PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum legroom for seating.
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2010, 14:45
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captains_log - Oh but you are welcome - However (as I have said once already) your comments would be more welcome if you had done your research first, and possibly used the 'Search' function to see if any of your views have been discussed before.

Essentially, you have waded into a forum on a site managed by aircrew, making subjective claims about your perception of what airlines think about their customers and presenting them as fact. You've followed that up by asserting that some of the most highly respected airlines, crew and engineers in the British Industry are "cutting corners", or are "inexperienced" and are operating in a less safe manner than 'scheduled' airlines. Which part of all that did you expect would endear you to the airline community?

Whatever you may think about the 'safety' or otherwise of the minimum seat pitch, the point is that it has been determined by people who have done huge amounts of research on the subject, and are highly qualified to make such judgements (It isn't just decided at random and written down on the back of a fag packet). Studies have shown that greater seat pitch does not directly equate to greater safety

Originally Posted by Avman
avoid flying with airlines that don't meet my comfort standards
This suggestions seems to me to have great merit and be a matter of common sense.
Originally Posted by Lotpax
The CAA specifies a distance of 26" from seat to seat, not 28"
Indeed - CAA AN64 specifies 'Dimension A' as 26" - In practise this is 28" when allowance is made for seat cushion thickness etc. You would have realised this if you had not been quite so busy looking to pick a fight.