PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 19:04
Jerry Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Jerry Lee: Yeah, so? Maybe, that if you would have some flight experience or very much flight experience is OK. But you can still apply to the scheme if you have none experience..
Yes, I know. But I was wondering if a PPL with more than 100 hours can help.
Jerry, "this answer has no sense" sounds a little... well i'll leave you to discover but it's not very nice
Sorry for this, I didn't want to be aggressive or not nice. Sorry again, but I did the question because I've known about those 2 OAA's graduates.
It may help you, but I don't think it will harm you. During my interviews, they did ask me if I am so interested in flying, why did I never get my PPL. The interviewer told me to look into getting a PPL first if I was to reapply.

Also, the recruitment lady stressed to keep them updated with your hours, so I believe that it can be a factor to get you in.

In the end, it all comes down to how they think about you during the interviews. If you have 0 hours and will be able to persuade them that you love flying, then the PPL is probably not necessary. But the PPL can help to show your interests.
Ok thank you!
I'm gonna make the modular route to get the ATPL, but if I will be called by Cathay Pacific even only for Stage 1 it would be great!