PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 19:03
Bravofellow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I read this :

"Holding the company to ransom from the outset and forcing a confrontation from day one will result in a hardening of attitudes and probably the loss of jobs, even if only to make a point. I do not think that such posturing is worth the job of anyone. Jaw jaw is better than war war until such time as there really is no other option. That time is not now, when the industry is struggling to get off its knees. Damaging the business will benefit no one and no responsible management will allow it to happen. There are certainly some amongst the crew who share this view and they deserve representation as well, whatever some posters may think."

I say to myself that you are the perfect person for outreach and that EC has done a good job on you. He could have written it down himself !
I would just like to remind you, in case you forget this during your meetings to come, that while you were crossing the Atlantic in your previous company, we where enjoying a crappy "off shore" contract with a 6/4 roster and 14 days of holidays. The "on shore" contracts and the other improvements that have been implemented under Bill Kelly's regime have only lasted for a couple of years. Before that we have been working incredibly hard for not much.
For sure given your fleet you can't realize that. The knowledge of the past explains the reasons why all this is happening. So you make me feel very sad to see you coming along and giving lessons on "forcing a confrontation". You have no idea what so ever about the efforts made in the past by us because we believe in this company.

Where I believe you are right is to stand up for what you think is right.