PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Robin Hood
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 15:50
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw a German woman in front of me sent to the back of the queue to purchase a resealable clear bag, because the one she had used was 'too big' (it looked perfectly OK to me) When she asked why it was too big, she was told that 'those are the rules' and unless she purchased a ew one, her stuff would be destroyed. It was a disgraceful way to treat anyone, but especially someone from another country visiting over here.
Yes I slightly agree though never had a problem myself. The security staff do seem rude and quite arrogant to many passengers. Also the set up is appalling. What airport security do you have to queue up at for 20 minutes just to show your boarding card, to go through security yet to then queue again because there is hardly any space? The boarding card podeum should be located at the very front entance way and then more can queue after and the problems wouldn't happen. The main reason I say this is because twice now I have seen passengers with internet boarding cards sent back downstairs, presumably to have one re-issued because it can't scan.

As to say all the other staff were dreadfull, well I have to dissagree here as though some in the bar were dis-interested, those in duty-free and those who work for Servisair were really friendly and had a laugh with the other passengers too.

Was just a dreadful place. Could easily market itself as the small, friendly, convenient airport - but Peel really need to do something to improve the customer experience. I also won't be going back! VILE!
The thing is it really could be one of the best if not the best. When it first opened and up untill a couple of years ago it was presented much better. Untill me last few recent trips though, the airport seems to have started to look tired and shabby, and whos idea was it to paint cream everywhere it looks dirty! White is the way forward

My final grip would be on arrival back at immigration. First of all, if you are the only flight arriving at the time then your fine. Though I have been there when two aicraft landed before us. We had to wait onboard for about 15 minutes for the walkway to clear only then to stand outside under no cover for another 15 in a queue to get inside. Once inside over 40 minutes after arrival we got to the front to be greeted by just two very mardy custom officers who needed training on how to break a smile, it is there job to work with people afterall. The only upside on this part was that our bags were waiting by this time and we were straight out.

I feel despite cost-cutting etc DSA should really start investing and looking after it's terminal again. First impressions count and to me at the minute it is pretty dark (must be saving electric bills) tired and shabby (must be saving cleaning staff bills). Come on Peel, I hope the new VCA do a better job!