PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 15:48
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
What is the makeup of the skyshare board in terms of nationalities and spread of employees represented?
The admin board are French. Understandable as this is the formative year.
The rest of the board of directors have representatives from France, UK, Scandinavia, Germany and the Netherlands.
On that board are captains and first officers.

I have seen all of this before...
So has every employee of more than 4 years in the company.

We have seen the promises broken, we have seen unilateral changes to our signed and agreed contracts, we have seen written agreements changed without our knowledge or consent, we have seen the surveys and forums all before.

The only thing that got our conditions improved was the resignation rate during 2007.

NB I understand and appreciate your frustration. However, to try and attribute some blame to the pilots that are more senior seems misguided. We didn't cause the financial meltdown nor did we buy too many aircraft.
Believe it or not, the senior pilots tried to get other options put forward such as pay cuts so no one would be made redundant. It fell on deaf ears.
They (ie our directors, some who are still in position with no cuts at all) wanted pilots to leave the company. Originally, the cadets would not have been touched at all. Is that fair for the direct entry pilots such as yourself?
That's what was wanted before the pilots senior to you said no.

Many of us have been on working groups organised by the office. The agenda was usually already set by the office and that was the framework we could discuss factors affecting our T&Cs. (Note, I am not talking about pay, but things like leave, travel, hotels etc). There was very little if any flexibility and the directors/managers would steer it to the goal that they wanted.

It took a while to realise that we'd been manipulated.