PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 30th Aug 2010, 15:22
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Colonel Cluster, Sir, might I point out that your sign-off as "El Colonel" seems suddenly more apposite, given your observation that the MAA is not being given access to all the submissions presented to Mr Haddon-Cave for his Report.
I refer of course to the novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez; "El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba". In English it translates as "No-one writes to the Colonel". A synopsis of the film based on the novel is here:
El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba Movie Facts and Details
Perhaps that is the point of your ID, if not it is doubly appropriate I would suggest. The answer to your plaintive plea is simply; "authority". If the MAA truly was a regulatory authority it could demand and get such information as it requires to perform its duties. It isn't, so it can't!
The answer therefore seems plain, to me at least. The MAA must separate from, and be truly independent of, the MOD. Then and only then will you be free to rebuild the provision of UK Military Airworthiness. Your "independence" is now just all smoke and mirrors, I'm afraid.
Chug