PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 15:01
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would have been nice if EASA perhaps published a 'plain English' Q&A to accompany the publication of these documents
If they did that, the various stakeholders would be much better placed to comment, plus adverse news would spread much more widely, which is not in EASA's interest. The best way for them to do their job is to publish 500 page documents.

If I was running EASA, on the super expense gravy train called the EU, I would be doing the same thing.

Currently, the biggest stakeholders are mostly in the dark. When the 2005 UK DfT proposal came out (to boot out N-regs after 90 days' parking in the UK) I faxed, by name, the marketing head of every TP and jet mfg in the world. From the responses I got, almost none of them knew anything about it. Socata did, but then EADS own the French Govt, who in turn set up EASA, originally for Airbus certification I did the same exercise more recently and got some interesting responses; the big names are apparently lobbying in Brussels now, at the top level.