PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 13:26
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't really want to criticize "outreach", but when I look at the list of nominees I am a bit skeptical about it being representative of the "base". Because that's what we are talking about right ? Representing the base
What is the makeup of the skyshare board in terms of nationalities and spread of employees represented?

Just asking.

1 is the head of the fuel project and if you ever meet him you will materialize what is ambition.
Attack the message, not the man.

Ambition is human nature. I have no doubt there is as much ambition to be found amongst SS members as there is among any group of people. Nothing wrong with it either.

top level management at Netjets in lisbon called 2 of the crew nominee to ask them put they name forward
Do you have factual evidence of this? I am not being difficult, I would genuinely like to know.

as only a cadet and a pilot with seniority above 900 only applied at the beginning..
(my italics)

I thought the whole point of seniority was that everyone was equal and no one better than anyone else regardless of position in the list. Or are some considered more equal than others?

Human nature again. Awkward business isn't it?

the skyshare members (about 700 now) won t vote for any of those crew representative
In which case the SS members have no business criticizing those who are elected as they have given up their chance to influence the outcome. If you didn't like the look of the candidates then anyone was free to put themselves forward. You can't have it both ways. By the same token I do not expect to have any influence within SS as I am not a member. My choice and I accept it. You have to ask yourselves who is most likely to have the best access to the company though. If I was a SS member I would have hoped that as many SS nominees as possible were included in the process so that my views and those of my fellow members were heard.

Dogmatic opposition is less effective than pragmatic give and take. After all we all do the same job and want the same things.

about the ring fence its pretty simple, the company have budget it for 4 years so it will go on this way, then at the end at the JS either we will have demand for integrating again those 32 airplane planned for 2010 and everybody will keep his job or the 300 excess position will be put redundant...
Indeed. Lets hope then that we are not in that position. Threatening industrial action and loosing the confidence of the owners and god forbid our largest investor will not help that cause. Remember that it is exactly those bottom 300 who will pay the price if the nightmare scenario comes to pass. So think hard before you commit yourselves to a course of action that may have serious consequences.

Good luck. You may not choose to believe it but I do know where you are coming from. I have seen all of this before and I would like to think that history does not necessarily always repeat itself.