PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on EASA FCL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 10:31
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For example, Annex III tells you in detail what the process of validation and conversion is, but it does not tell you the cases where such validation of conversion is required under EU law.
Of course not - that is not the purpose of Part FCL.
Point me to the draft regulation that says this.
Article 3 of the Basic Regulation states: "Personnel referred to in Article 1 shall be qualified in accordance with the provisions of Annex I to this Regulation, hereon referred to as Part-FCL."

Article 1 states: This Regulation establishes common technical requirements for:
1. The licensing, training and testing of pilots involved in the operation of aircraft referred to in Article 4(1)(b) and (c) of the Basic Regulation;

Article 4(1)(c) states: Aircraft, including any installed product, part and appliance, which are:
(c) registered in a third country and used by an operator for which any Member State ensures oversight of operations or used into, within or out of the Community by an operator established or residing in the Community....

Therefore, combining all of the referenced parts - Pilots involved in the operation of aircraft used into, within or out of the Community by an operator established or residing in the Community shall be qualified in accordance with the provisions of Annex I to this Regulation, hereon referred to as Part-FCL (i.e hold an EASA licence or a third country licence validated by a competent authority in accordance with Annex III).
How many exams would be needed for the EASA PPL/IR, for the conversion?
For conversion of the PPL -
Air Law
Human Performance

For issue of an IR -
Air Law
AGK - Instrumentation
Flight Performance & Monitoring
Human Performance
Meteorology
Radio Navigation
IFR Communications

Since the Air Law and Human Performance for issue of the IR will also be valid for conversion of the PPL, a total of 7.

Last edited by BillieBob; 30th Aug 2010 at 10:48.