PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Robin Hood
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 09:42
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew DSA-MSA a few months ago and was looking forward a stress free small and friendly experience after spending ages driving to the airport. Unfortunately my experience was much the same as yours. I only flew from there as I got cheap staff travel flights and even with a 2.5 hour drive we would save a fortune.

It started with a 20 minute queue begging half way up the stairs to departure waiting for a passport check and questioning from police officers at the entrance to Departures

And I don't think I have seen so many security staff in one place in my life. I counted about 20 of them by the scanner machines plus the police and then two special branch cops at the end of the security hall (how many staff does such a small airport need?) - all of them dishing out abuse and attitude to customers.

And on return I had to use the intercom to get out having used prepay site to book my carparking as per the instructions on the gate - only to be barked at by someone from the office.

Was just a dreadful place. Could easily market itself as the small, friendly, convenient airport - but Peel really need to do something to improve the customer experience. I also won't be going back! VILE!