PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what to do with all the excess new pilots when the ME bubble bursts completely?
Old 30th Aug 2010, 08:38
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bubble is getting bigger

How many new airports are either build, almost built or being built.

How many LCC are there, "currently" in existance.

How many shinny new toys have been ordered.

How many crew accomodation units have been built.

How many Flight Deck crews will be needed, and what will be the typical level of experience.

Questions:

Who is funding these developments. Mr B asnd Mr A are covering the aircraft, and hope that the ME coffers do not run dry. Mr A and Mr B need to keep the production lines open, and obtain directly or indirectly subsidy from their respective Governments.

Which bank will pour money into UAE Ltd, and be bitten again.
UAE Ltd, is the Ruling Family, and not a select collection of independant PLC / LTD companies.

There is no established corporate independant structure, regardless of what the Gulf News claims.

The accomodation units, ie hotels, villas, tower blocks, under construction in the UAE, (mostly Dubai and Abu Dhabi) are at very low occupancy.

There was a very interesting discussion in the trade press, that made the local press, which discussed the severe over capacity of airports and aircraft in the UAE, whic concluded that some carriers would close.

Where will the crews come from.

Assuming the road shows pull in the UK LCC crews, what will they do.???
Remember only 15% or so of the population are Emiraties, and should there be any "world event", that encourages the return of the expats, then the UAE, will close, and the lights go off.

Of the remaining 85% of the population perhaps 75% are living on subsistance wages in ghetto accomodation. OK, some more acceptable labour camps have been built). 4 or even 8 to a room.

Just my fils worth, but the original poster is right.
It is not just the crews who will suffer, it is actually a very large proportion of the worlds population.

glf