PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 07:05
shamrock7seal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
expressflight, by calling the BOH marketing department a 'team' you are giving them undue credit. i believe all the marketing and business development decisions are made from east midlands. i also believe that the only person dedicated to BOH is a PR person there to handle the odd press release and 'crisis' every now and again when a small cessna has issues.

i do agree that it is very difficult to get airlines to the airport and to keep them there. i dont like reading posts like 'just get some airlines in, just get a few routes launched, people are crying out for X,Y,Z'

the airlines do the marketing, the airports do the recruiting.

so many airlines have come and gone it is quite disheartening to see. not many regional airports have had the likes of bmibaby, jet2, airberlin, wizzair, easyjet, aurigny, flybe, ryanair, thomsonfly etc etc. the only issue is that bournemouth seems to do a great job of losing them all.

oh and by the way. BOH is the only airport in the UK and perhaps the world! where two airlines are completely shutting down their operations for 3 months. i dont think you can blame that on the UK economy. Its the bournemouth economy.