PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2010, 06:08
Thaimike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks.. DILLTHEDOG

I'm not naive in thinking that trying to win any new business would be a simple matter in this time of so called recession/hardship, or at any other time for that matter.
But there is a very large question mark hovering over the ability of MAG/BOH marketing team.
We all see & hear of the bad news within seconds of it being released by an airline, local TV & press are tripping over each other to get the latest out to the public, but what exactly is BOH doing to counter this situation.
I don't see or hear of anything that they're planing, now or in the future. I thought they would be shouting from every rooftop what they're trying to acheive, posters stuck up at eye level everywhere I walk, turn a page in any local newspaper & BANG BOH hit's you in the eye, turn on the local TV or radio station & a spokesperson from BOH is singing out it's praises. But NO all seems earily quiet (just like the apron will be come winter)
They may well be doing things behind closed doors & talking to people all over the industry, but the publc at large need to be kept informed of what's going on, at the moment they all think BOH is dying on it's feet & every one is geting ready to keep the tumbleweed under control.
Soon they won't even bother to look at BOH to book a flight because they will presume it's being cocooned for the winter, they will automatically go elsewhere.
BOH need to inject some sort of life back into it's veins & bring about some self motivation.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of BOH, I've worked & flown from there for 35+ yrs.
Sorry to say this but blaming the recession is just a poor excuse for bad management, I firmly believe that in this catchment area there must be enough willing paying punters who need to fly to work related cities, or go find some winter sun that somebody could work out the logistics & get something in the air.
Were not talking about filling LHR just a few well thought out destinations that people are actually crying out for, but at the moment have to go elsewhere.
I was taught that when the chip's are down that was the time to pull your head out of the sand & your thumb out of your & go do something.

Or am I being Naive?