PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 30th Aug 2010, 01:46
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where have I stated anti AIPA comments Keg?
All I did was highlight an undeniable and obvious conflict of interest.
Jet* and Qantas compete for the same flying. If AIPA fight to advance my career, than they are doing so at the detrement of a mainline F/O-S/O. If AIPA fight for the mailine group,(if I was a mailine pilot than I would expect nothing less) than they are not acting in the best interest or my company.
As I said, unity can be achieved without compulsory union membership.
Why did AIPA organise the meeting and have so many mailine guys there? Simple.
When this A330 lands in Singapore, it will be the first example of a Qantas mainline aircraft being flown by foreign nationals on foreign terms and conditions. This is a Qantas aircraft being given to an overseas entity.
The Qantas LHEBA is about to be subdiverted, as is your senority. Qantas has more to loose by this than Jet* does.
All the chest beating in the world is useless without any real plan for action.

On another point. What is the point of fighting for the T&C`s of an overseas company. Jet*Asia employs a handful of Aussies. The majority are foreigners. Why should any Australian Union waste time, money and precious reasources fighting for them. If guys want to leave and fly overseas on those terms, then let them. If I go and join EK/CX/Dragon or Silk Air, is AIPA going to come and help negotiate the next EBA for me because I am an Australian memeber?
Shouldn`t the fight be at home first?

Australian registered aircraft and/or operated on an Australian AOC, MUST BE flown on Australian T&C`s. It is as simple as that.