PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the decline in IMCR issue numbers?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2010, 22:25
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also with the change to JAR to remove your restriction to your FI rating the having the no instrument restriction removed wasn't a factor any more.

The club I help out at has many students who want to do the IMCR but there are none of us with the ticket to teach it. And it isn't a case that we are not experenced enough to teach it, a couple of us have a couple of thousand of hours in a manual turbo prop flying around the west coast of scotland.

The course is expensive and also the number of FII's that can teach it are few and far between. The logistics of being able to get a course when I am available has defeated me for the last 5 years. Just getting the FI 2 day course done within the 5 years was a battle.

Its very doudtful that your average FI waiting for the next rung up the ladder is able to afford the course when they proberly won't get the money back which they have spent. And once your up the ladder finding the time is nearly impossible even if your willing to pay for a removal that will never pay for its self.