PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bernoulli was a Swiss Plumber.
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2010, 20:32
bearfoil

Professor, Professor! Me ME.

"bearfoil, Please, give some one else a chance, be patient!!"

rats, rats, rats.

Professor? Fine bearfoil.

Well, the molecules do split up at the LE, that much we know. Let's assign Red uniforms to the Top ones, and Blue uniforms to the bottom ones. The Red ones start thinking... "Where's everybody going?", The Blues, "Damn, it's getting crowded again, I should get here earlier."

There is absolutely no chance the two molecules at the LE will ever meet, at least not in this time frame. There is no Necessity, and virtually no chance.

The Reds speed up and shift their heading toward the tip. The Blues stay on heading and meet other Reds, ones who started inboard from the first Red. There is a new color beyond the trailing edge, Purple, and it is very turbulent. The cost of upsetting the still air to make it work is basically a fashion statement. I've actually seen this done, and it is spectacular. On to the "Winglet?" There is a hint watching any modern jet make water cones behind its leading edges, (When it's rockin and rollin with nimble changes in direction).teeny at the Front, expanding as it is left behind. The tip of the cone can't be that different from the wake behind? There isn't time. Dead give away. So really high pressure at the LE, lessening as it travels oer the surface? The Red uniform has to stick close to the aluminum to have a chance at meeting his LE compadre. What's the ODDS? Long, real long.

bear

Last edited by bearfoil; 29th Aug 2010 at 22:41.