PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GVA-SXF EasyJet Cracked Windshield
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2010, 12:19
Aviophage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviophage

I don't usually like to defend myself over the internet because when you argue with an idiot, those around you won't be able to tell who's actually the idiot. However, I feel that it is needed to defend myself on here to save my reputation.

Mr Sky Wave:
"Who do you fly for?"

I am not comfortable saying who I fly for (like most of us on here). All I can tell you is that it is a major and that I have been flying with them for 12 years this November.

Mr Zippy Monster:
"Do expand on this a bit"

All I am saying here is that EZY and RY pilots are nothing more than "gear up, autopilot on... minimums, autopilot off" pilots. They have actually forgotten how to fly a plane hands on and in the event of not being able to use the autopilot, they would be absolutely clueless.

I may have confused you with my earlier post (it's not too hard confusing an EZY/RY pilot, all I have to do is show them an aircraft load sheet). I stated that although a cracked windshield is much different to having no windshield at all, when your plane does suffer a crack in the windshield, it's best to land at the nearest suitable airport to be safe (because the crack could escalate and you don't want a depressurisation on your hands, trust me, you really don't).

Mr Shortfuel

Who do you fly for?

Please see above. I am a commercial airline pilot, have had my ATPL since 22 years old and have been flying at a major for just under 12 years. I originally started off at BMI (any BMI pilots here?)

Mr/s Rudderrudderrat:

"Aviophage" means "bird eater" in Greek, and it is a reference to my healthy diet with little red meat. In that thread, I was being very helpful by telling the original poster that I do not have those diagrams.