PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - swinburne uni/oxford aviation academy pilot training course
Old 29th Aug 2010, 11:08
Suchislife10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The smug of Oxford students really shines here . You guys have to realise that OAA is not on top the world and therefore because you train there you are superior to everyone else at Moorabbin, if you have this attitude you will not go far in GA at all or have many friends outside of OAA.

I trained there for a small period of time before moving elsewhere and witnessed the change from GFS to OAA at Moorabbin and it has been disgraceful. I rated GFS in the top 3 at Moorabbin, but since it became OAA things have really gone downhill. The rates they charge for planes is disgusting(rumour is that is going to go to $420 for a 172S next year) which is obvious given that people are advising that you should go next door to MFS to gain some hours. The things that are happening at OAA now should not be happening e.g. hitting on some of the female students by instructors, and the apparent "sleeping" with students. Even one instructor attempting to pickup a female cadet otherwise he could make her look bad. Do you guys think this happens at other schools?

Oxford has really gone downhill and now with some arrogance being shown here by some students shows it is now worse than it was with some students when it was GFS.

Most of you need to wake up to reality, if you think you are going to get a job after your stint at OAA, good luck to you. You guys talk about the hundreds of students that go through the school, why are there not hundreds of instructors then? You have a very small chance of being offered a job with OAA(unless airlines open there doors and people in GA and they can move into the airline industry, but that is doubtful given latest attempt at outsourcing by Jetstar), yes most schools will say there is a high possibility of you getting a job after your instructor rating at their school, but they actually just want your money and will appologise at the end when they can't but its not the kind of thing you can then ask for a refund.

and mayday_101, your going to defend someone's complaints about your school by putting down another training school. That's just hypocritical my friend .