View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2002, 12:20
Floppy Link

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

126.9 your position sounds familiar!

here's the story....

1) current on 757/767 for a charter operator, 6500hrs
2) applied to eJ last summer (ie BEFORE the post 911 "downturn")
3) passed all the selection process
4) given an offer
5) swopped emails and calls about course dates, last heard from them in Oct 2001 with the words "you are top of the list and will contact you to confirm a place asap"
6) between Nov and June 02 sent in 3 update emails and 2 letters and numerous phone calls (to the voicemail). Got no replies but I thought they were busy with the Go thing, then...
7) 4 July email from them which I read with minor interest at first because it said "you will not be reassessed if you have failed any part of our selection" (didn't apply to me) and "candidates who have turned us down in the past will not be reassessed" (didn't apply to me). The text finished with the words "I'm sorry it's not better news but thank you for the time and the interest which you showed in easyJet" (that made me sit up straight!)
8) I rang them and got through to Laure Van Rensburg. Was told that I had turned them down (not true). Rang Joyce Linehan on her mobile and as she was driving, I said I'd ring back the next week. Since then I've been unable to get past the voicemail.
9) Spent a weekend composing my thoughts and then sent a 3 page email to Joyce (backed up with a hard copy in the post) setting out my reasons for wanting to join eJ - not as a backup option for my current job (see (2) above), and trying to find out where they got the idea that I turned them down. That was over two weeks ago and I have heard nothing Maybe there are reasons for this but even an email acknowledgement of my letter would be nice, and easy to do, and would take 10 seconds.
It hacks me off because I still want to work for them, as an ex helicopter man I need to be busy and short haul multi sector days have much more appeal to me than 9 hours over the Atlantic to SFB. It went from "will contact you asap" via months of silence to "thank you for your interest"
I still want to work that type of operation but I've probably blown it now with this post, and to be honest I've subconsciously given up hope on eJ. I'm still ready and waiting though, and if they come back to me I'll be tempted. Joyce, you will have worked out my identity and you know how to get in touch...

Yours
Floppy Link

Last edited by Floppy Link; 8th Aug 2002 at 14:33.