PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 21:59
miss marple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply NB, I have just watched your videa and read your statement.

Can you see how it might seem divisive since you want to represent only a particular section of the crew, ie those on JS, so your interests are not necessarily for everyone, but for those on JS.

I just dont understand how you can put forward a mantra that you want to represent those who have suffered the most, how about put another way, JS guys were actually pretty lucky, because it was that or being made redundant, as we have been frequently told, no other company offered this kind of deal.

Dont get me wrong, I dont blame you or anyone on JS, we all had choices to make regarding our jobs, so can you see the irony in wanting to be part of a process which is set up and run by those who caused your 'suffering' as you called it.

When did you have the chance to vote for the union board?

A. There will be yearly elections, more frequent than Out. 7 candidates- 6 positions, hardly an election?

Oh dear, the outreach scheme must have you very worried if you resort to cheap shots like that

A. Your manifesto seems to offer only an interest in JS people, so again, your motives are, to protect them at any cost?

Ensure that everyone has a voice. Not just those who elected themselves

A. How can you be our voice if we will not know how representative of us you are because vote numbers will not be published.

And no one knows you either. At least those standing had to put their case forward and take their chances in public. They will not be appointed by divine right, holy writ or just by having been around the longest.

A. 6 out of 7 might aswell be appointed by divine right.

SEA is by no means perfect, but I have more faith in it it than Out.