PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair recruitment propoganda?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 21:52
HighLow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish We are taking on WATER, Abandon Ship !

PB, the vast majority of us aren't stupid (can't speak for the minority).

The memo is a clear attempt at propoganda....and it may be effective for some issues, but when dealing with the obvious pilot shortage within Ryanair...closing your eyes, sending a memo, and hoping the problem goes away, well this problem ("impending crisis") will not disappear UNTIL ....

You and your staff sit down, ask the question WHY are people leaving??......the answer is obvious:you are now the victim of your own decisions...market forces are now dictating, no longer is ryanair. pb and those around him need to start listening to their pilots, offer stability, place them near their homes and family.

What FO's are telling me, the current practice of threatening your high houred FO's all to go for command or face the consequences, this strategy is just simply not going to cut it anymore. They are going to WALK! Increasing, I notice many of the FO's I fly with very serious about their career and future, and recognise their own value/worth due to the skills they have.

RYR. the time has come, you really have to do more, placing your workforce close to their families and friends, it takes little effort on your part, click of a button and in the long run, for both management and pilots, it has massive benefits.

You will retain your staff, and steady the ship, because at the moment, this ship is SINKING.