PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 21:21
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me, why should I or anyone for that matter vote for you?
You can vote for whomever you like, that's the whole point of elections.

When did you have the chance to vote for the union board?

So whats your motivation NB, to make sure you cut a deal for yourself?
Oh dear, the outreach scheme must have you very worried if you resort to cheap shots like that.

What exactly will elected reps do?
Ensure that everyone has a voice. Not just those who elected themselves.

Its laughable!
I'm not laughing. neither are a lot of other people who stand to loose everything if industrial action is called. Unlike those who will be calling it of course.

I dont know you other than 150 characters from your statement on BD, I dont know your motives and what will you do when you put forward something and they say, 'ahm, thanks, we'll look into it and get back to you...
And no one knows you either. At least those standing had to put their case forward and take their chances in public. They will not be appointed by divine right, holy writ or just by having been around the longest.

Just chat about things in meetings and then those with authority to make decisions will say yes or no and it will have had nothing to do with Out but decided long before and dictated by whether NJ needs pilots or has too many.
And of course the company will fall prostrate before the union and do whatever they are told. As will the members. It will be a great comfort to them I am sure, to know that they have preserved the privileges of the most senior as they receive their redundancy notices.

If you want legitimacy, try standing for election. Otherwise you are just sniping from the dark.