PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots of Australia - time to unite - Meeting Aug 23
Old 28th Aug 2010, 19:16
EK_Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry B.B's Interview - The race to the bottom continues!!

I have to disagree, B.B. is clearly comparing Pilot wages to Blue Collar workers. I think as professional Pilots we should all be outraged! His comments are (as are the proposals) incredibly divisive, the cost base and career progression argument is a nonsense. His arrogance and the contempt that he obviously has toward us as professionals is astonishing.

What Blue Collar worker has the responsibilities that we have? What Blue Collar worker has 2 License renewals (SIM's), a line check, a Medical, SEP training, Dangerous Goods training, numerous other courses and other hoops to jump through each year just to maintain their PROFESSIONAL standards and their job?

I have nothing against Blue Collar workers, my Family is mostly made up of them.

This guy is a nasty piece if work! I'll bet his salary is well in excess of 400k

Same job same pay! Simple. Our forefathers fought long and hard for a fair day's pay for a fair day's work and some of the conditions we all enjoy today. I'm all "for" profitability and job security, who doesn't want their Company to be doing well? But it is Assh@les like him that will screw everyone else for their own bank balance and career progression, then just walk away!

Last edited by EK_Bus Driver; 29th Aug 2010 at 02:32.