PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Hiring Experienced Pilots anytime soon?
Old 28th Aug 2010, 16:41
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you make sense. The more people who pull out all the stops all the time to make unrealistic over ambitious schedules work just prove to the bean counters their penny pinching cuts work and so all there'll do is cut more.....

I can see the two sides to the argument about working with the company (Management) mainly NSF and Doug who i think by the looks of it don't agree on much but both raise good points even if they are at the opposite end of oposing opinions!!

I think most pilots are professional individuals and a certain amount of disruption comes with the territory, but if that disruption is continually caused by managements short sightedness then i think it is right at some point to say no off!

I expect most airlines have operated at the minimum crew levels this summer with no fat in the system at all and taken advantage of crews goodwill, certainly the case where I am.

I really hope that all the companies (not just Easy) take a look at the disruption caused by lack of crews and over ambitious schedules and get levels back up for next year.

I think sometimes pilots forget that airlines wouldn't get very far without us, yet we are extremely good at selling ourselves short and seeing the gradual erosion of the very few good things left, a fixed roster at Easy being one of them!!!

If ever there was a time to stand up and reinstall some pride back into what we do now is the time with the current recruitment going on in the Middle East for the foreseeable future, UK companies must be starting to get a little concerned about experience going to the sand!! Then again they probably don't think that far ahead, what was i thinking.............