PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 28th Aug 2010, 16:07
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
Water of a duck's.

Read my posts.

Read Haddon-Cave.

You are shooting at the messenger. Why lurk in the shadows while others spoke out?

MoD denied knowledge of ESF until after XV179 had crashed. Specifications exist dated March 1990 and are called up in the regulations as risk / hazard mitigation for, inter alia, inert projectiles.

MoD stated at the Nimrod inquest that the airworthiness regulations were irrelevant. Wrong, and the Coroner and Haddon-Cave agreed.

Why no action was taken is not for me to say. But Haddon-Cave corrected that, didn't he?

As to the failings beginning before 1998, that is a simple matter of record and I have posted relevant links, for example, CDP's evidence to the Public Accounts Committee.

One is left wondering why you are suddently having a pop on these subjects. Just at a time when the actions of MoD staffs are under investigation and a Review is about to commence on a 1994 crash. One would think you didn't want these facts to be heard.

Last edited by tucumseh; 28th Aug 2010 at 16:21.