PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Stage 2 (Assessment and GD)
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 12:18
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was fun too... especially the GD... here is a selection of Gems

A. Computers are not reliable:
  1. Boeing family of aircrafts are much more reliable than the Fly By Wire Airbus breed
  2. DA40, DA42 and Diamond-Jet are fly by wire aircraft
  3. Pilots are given initial training on conventional (not fly by wire) aircraft not because they are cost effective but because they are more reliable (vis-a-vis fly by wire aircraft)
  4. On a flight from Delhi to London pilot is more susceptible to boredom on a A320 because of the automation (a.k.a fly by wire-yness)

B. Survival:
  1. On an island that is full of fish and walnut tree, I will still prefer to salvage food from a ship rather than devices to create fire. At last we have the McDonald fed generation in aviation now.
  2. Consumption of salted meat is not good for health when marooned on an island
  3. I will prefer to have cold water out of Bartman Jar on a marooned island, where there is no source of fresh water, so lets take the Bartman Jar from the salvage, apparently it can filter brackish water to portable water.
  4. We can use Bartman Jar to store walnuts for the lean season, some forward thinking it was.
  5. Lets take the bleeding bowl and money to the island, instead of axe and the hammock. When asked what is a bleeding bowl, they are silent.
  6. Proposer: Lets take the sword instead of the axe.
    Opposer: But an axe is a better tool for survival then the combat sword.
    Proposer: A sword can do everything an axe can do, in addition we can
    use it during fights with the tribals on the land.
    Opposer: A sword cannot be used to cut wood.
    Proposer: But it can cut twigs.
    ....ad nauseum

Will put more on this later.... I invite others also to add to the list... I am sure it will be fun...

Last edited by jimmygill; 28th Aug 2010 at 12:34.