PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 11:23
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also the delay on the flight on Tursday night out of LCY had nothing to do with finance, it was performance related
I'm not sure that's completely right. The inbound landed early. Within a few moments the LCY departures board showed the IOM flight as cancelled, and a new flight RE100P to Dublin appeared. I would find that consistent with the inevitable uncertainty while control of the company passes to the examiner or administrator or whatever the title was which happened around that time. The initial reaction is to get the airframes back to base.

The flight left an hour later with all the original 35 or so pax and baggage on board. The captain didn't mention performance. He didn't have any explanation for the cancellation. We were delayed on the ground for a while, and then departed on 09, not 27 which was the runway in use. I know that 09 is less critical performance wise, but I don't profess to be an expert on ATR42 ops.

I was just grateful to get back home only an hour late, however all we pax got pretty stressed out at the prospect of finding seats on other flights as the herds of motor cycle enthusiasts flocking to the MGP meant most were full.