PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX announces record profit
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 09:17
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok interesting, but that DTA would only be for SYD ports. Not anywhere else because most other ports aint doing SYD hours.

Also, not being misleading, when i was an F/O at Rex it was 42k 1st year. So its changed..... so what 46k...... a bit better of course, but ask a labourer what there getting and start blushing. That was my point.

not the worst job but not the best pay either. My girlfriend gets 50k per year as a customer service agent. hmmmm no responsibility, weekends off, didnt spend 80k+ on a career............. ah no need to go on.... u get the point.

and dont forget Lim Kim's response to why he doesnt want to pay proper wages:

"you go fly big shiny jet for 200 000 dollar........ your potential to earn that"

Rex has potential to be a great company but chooses to not support the crew at the coal face who make them all this "profit"......

If a company dont pay you well, they dont respect you. Simple.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2...be-earning.pdf

You have to ask yourself why most of the senior pilots/captains are leaving..... even qantaslink pay at least 10k higher base salary; And there training salary is higher than Rex's first year f/o wage (if u can call it a wage...... rex f/o wage 42k).

I dont care about flying a jet I care about lifestyle and a professional wage that compares with the hard work I have done and continue to do with the personal sacrifices I make for it. It just happens that jet jobs get more money and a possible lifestyle benefit as well thats why people go.

Dont kid yourself, this profit was made from the sweat of hard working professionals that were cut down at the onset of the GFC using scare tactics and the like to accept average wages only to have this record profit share go to the board of directors and senior managers as "tax free dividends".......