PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX announces record profit
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 08:47
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the wage keeps getting "talked up". The fact is that DTA is a VARIABLE.... get it? So variables in essence should not really be relied on. 12k in DTA is not realistic and is false.

DTA $5.6 x max 45hrs per week (CAO 48: 90hrs per fortnight) x 46 = $11340
hmmm this never happens.

DTA $5.6 x average roster hours per month (125hrs - 140hrs) = $700 x (11months worked) = $7700 - $8624.. average earnings IN SYD only where your arse gets worked.... also note that 11 months was used which is only 4 weeks annual leave. So this DTA is not what you would get in any other port. This is also not taking into account sick leave.

so I dont know what the other guy who is talking up wages is thinking.... he is prob managment or a cadet still believing the bs forwarded to them???

no doubt managment have accounted for things like how many mints are on the aircraft... and other things.... so they have played a role in the profits achieved... good for them

all I can say is that the company and employee are mutually integrated, unfortunately one cant benefit without the other and if it does (in this case) then animosity develops.

I dont care that lim kim, JD or any other gets great big fat tax free dividends/bonus's.... if they work hard. but not at the expense of the people who bring you the reputation of safety, great service and reliabilty.

thats why pilots become managers and directors/chairmen etc because its always been the same, they screw the workers to get the bonus and profit... its the right side of the equation to be on.

I knew an accountant in NZ who changed career recently becaue all she used to do was look for anything in the business (at the ceo's/managers orders) to cut all fat from the operation. She realised that over the 6years she had done this that most occasions the long term effect had been detrimental and more of a hinderance to future smooth trouble free running of the operation.......Mind you, the ceo got there bonus's and spike in profit in the short term, but not at the expense of the whingers.... i ment workers.